Wondering which laser glasses to get?
Finding the Best Laser Glass
The laser glass you choose should be based upon the laser you’re using and the protection level you need. For instance, the best laser glass to buy for a YAG laser that operates at 1064nm is our YAG laser safety glasses, which block 1064nm at 7 or greater optical density (OD).
There is no “best laser glass” for everyone, but there are best choices depending on the laser you use. The best thing you can do is start your shopping with the knowledge of what kind of laser you have, what wavelengths you need protection from, and what optical density you need your glasses to protect you at.
Here’s what you should know about the “best laser glass to buy” for your laser:
- Your laser glasses need to protect you from the wavelength(s) that your laser operates at.
- The optical density, or OD, of your laser glass should be rated appropriately for your laser. Typical OD’s are 5+ or 7+ for protection from direct beams, and 2-4 for alignment.
- The best laser glass is one that’s rated for your laser and approved by your Laser Safety Officer!
- Once you’ve chosen a filter, you’ll want to be sure to choose a frame style that will be comfortable for you to wear. Uncomfortable glasses, or glasses that are too large and slide off, can create safety hazards if they distract you or fall off.
- If you’re not sure what laser glasses you need, it’s best to consult with an in-house safety expert or contact us to discuss what you need.
Our laser safety glass line features laser filters for all types of lasers in use today, from medical to industrial, research to recreational.
If you have any questions about what the best laser glass to buy is for you, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can leave a comment below or give us a call, and we’ll make sure you get exactly what you need for the laser you’re using. Thanks for reading, and stay safe!