Need a pair of safety glasses for working with soft glass?
Lampworking Glasses for Soft Glass
Lampworking eyewear and torchworking safety glasses for soft glass are generally the same thing. If you’re working with soft glass, you need to protect your eyes from the sodium flare released by your glass at high temperatures, as well as the UV associated with glass that’s that hot.
Our lampworking glasses for soft glasses are are Phillips 202 safety glasses. They protect your eyes by blocking sodium flare and harmful UV associated with soft glass work. If you are a glassworking artist looking for safety eyewear, these are the glasses for you.
Our Phillips 202 lens is also called ACE, Didymium, and Rose Glass, and it is marked in our part numbers as “P2″ (i.e.: GB-P2-808B).
If you need lampworking glasses for soft glass, here’s what you need to know:
- Our Phillips 202 Ace lampworking glasses for soft glass protect from sodium flare and UV associated with soft glass work.
- These safety glasses are also used for silver soldering and beadmaking.
- Our Phillips 202 Ace lampworking glasses for soft glass are contrast enhancing and incredibly transparent, so they don’t cloud your vision with darkness or impede your work.
- Our Phillips 202 lenses are made of the finest quality, optical grade German glass which is polished and ground in our state-of-the-art glass finishing labs here in New Jersey, USA.
- Our lampworking glasses for soft glass are available in a wide variety of frames as well as in prescription or as reading glasses.
If you’re looking for lampworking glasses for soft glass, our Phillips 202 Ace lenses are the way to go.
Phillips 202 lenses are the most popular glassworking lenses we sell. They are the easiest to work in because of their light tint, and our customers rave about them. Because of their contrast-enhancing capabilities, they are sometimes also used outside of glasswork, for driving or golf.
If you have any questions about glassworking eyewear or what’s right for you, don’t hesitate to give us a call or leave a comment below. Thanks for reading, and stay safe!